How To Fix WordPress Port 80 443 Wp HTTP Error: Hello wordpress user! Yesterday I’ve faced a problem in my wordpress dashboard, my wordpress website was unable to connect with wordpress.org service anymore. In my dashboard WordPress news was showing an error which was like this (the picture is given below- “RSS Error: WP HTTP Error: cURL error 7: Failed to connect to planet.wordpress.org port 80: Connection timed out”). After this problem I was unable to Install any plugins and themes of wordpress.org however I was able to install plugins and themes by uploading them. Jetpack is also not getting connected to wordpress then i realized its really a big problem and I must have to fix it.
“RSS Error: WP HTTP Error: cURL error 7: Failed to connect to lanet.wordpress.org port 80: Connection timed out”
“RSS Error: WP HTTP Error: cURL error 7: Failed to connect to planet.wordpress.org port 443: Connection timed out”
First, I was thinking this is an Error of WordPress service so I am unable to connect with wordpress.org service, I was thinking this problem is not a big issue and it will gonna solved automatically by wordpress team.
After sometime I’ve discuss about this problem (WordPress Port 80 443 Wp HTTP Error) with other wordpress users and they said they don’t have any idea about this wordpress error (WordPress Port 80 443 Wp HTTP Error). Finally I realized it was not a problem of wordpress.org service, it was an issue was my own hosting provider. So I contact them an they fixed it in few minutes, I was happy with my hosting provider service.
Table Of Contents
Don’t worry If you are facing the same “WordPress Port 80 443 Wp HTTP Error”, there is no need to contact to your hosting provider service. There is easiest way to fix Wordpress Port 80 443 Wp HTTP Error, just follow these simple steps which are given below:
- Open your cPanel of you website and make login.
- Find “Health Checks and Monitoring” option of your cPanel.
- Click on “Port 80” in Health Checks and Monitoring option.
- In Port 80 check there Port is blocked or not if blocked, yeah i know its blocked, just find the directory of that malicious or harmful file which is highlighted by your server. (do not click on “Unblock Port”)
For Example: /home/user007/public_html/example.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/”plugin.zip”
- In above example “Plugin.zip” is a malicious harmful or infected file, this is the main responsible reason for your “WordPress Port 80 443 Wp HTTP Error”.
- You have to delete this malicious file from your file manager (Before deletion take backup of that file or just leave taking backup, its your decision)
- After deleting that malicious file, again go to “Port 80” of Health Checks and Monitoring, and now click on “unblock port” after this your server scans your files again and your Port 80 will be unblocked in just 1 hour.
- If wordpress news is still showing that Port 80 and Port 443 errors, don’t worry next day you will be able to wordpress news again.
- Now your WordPress errors is solved (WordPress Port 80 443 Wp HTTP Error).
If you are facing any problem with above solution then you can simply fix your Wordpress Port 80 443 Wp HTTP Error by just scanning you Entire Home Directory, Public web space, Emails and Public FTP Space.
- Go to your cPanel>>Advanced>>Virus Scanner scan everything.
- If you any malicious file is found destroy it.
- Now go to Health Checks and Monitoring and “Unblock Port”
- It will take some time (approx 1 hour depends on your server’s speed)
The post was about How To Fix WordPress Port 80 443 Wp HTTP Error, now you understand how to fix those annoying errors. These problem is not a big issue but if you don’t solve it, you will be unable to use wordpress.org service, like the plugins and themes of wordpress.org planet. and also you are unable to use jetpack plugin’s full potential.
If you liked this post, share it. also subscribe our blog to get more how to tricks and tutorials via our free email service.
In search Tearms:-
- curl error 7: failed to connect to downloads.wordpress.org port 443: connection timed out
- curl (7) failed to connect to port 80 connection timed out
- rss error: wp http error: failed to connect to planet.wordpress.org port 443: connection timed out
- wordpress could not establish a secure connection to wordpress.org localhost
- something may be wrong with wordpress.org or this server’s configuration